The Association of People Supporting Employment First (APSE), founded in 1988, is the only national organization with an exclusive focus on integrated employment and career advancement opportunities for individuals with disabilities. APSE is a 3,000+ and growing national non-profit membership organization. The organization supports the only annual national conference focused solely on the advancement of integrated employment.
APSE has chapters in 38 states and the District of Columbia. Our members include individuals with disabilities families, disability professionals, and businesses and come from all 50 states and Puerto Rico, as well as several foreign countries.
APSE’s HR Connect offers consultation services to help businesses reach out to and partner with one of the strongest labor and customer pools in the country: the disability community. Please contact Allison Wohl with any questions.
- Promote employment opportunities for all people, through local, regional, and national networks.
- Help establish and expand equitable employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
- Advocate with federal, state, and local legislators for legislation promoting integrated employment.
- Work with federal, state, and local policy makers to increase funding for integrated employment.
- Raise awareness within the business community as to the benefits of hiring individuals with disabilities.
- Advocate for social change to help those with severe disabilities achieve a lifestyle that approximates that of individuals without disabilities.